Tuesday, June 8, 2010

#1: On

Welcome to the first installment of 'The Almighty Preposition'. This is not the first blog I've ever attempted; I tried to write one about seven or eight years ago, when blogging first got into second gear. I lasted about 10 minutes. I didn't see any future in the medium -- I guess I underestimated the importance of self-indulgence.

So, here I am *ON* the internets again, *ON* a blog again. I am also *ON* Ambien again. That stuff is no joke. It may be my ruin. I just smoked my first cigarette in four months because the Ambien told me to. I better not be back *ON* the tobacco by tomorrow! That's all I have to say about that for now.

The preposition is one of the most important parts of speech, and I plan to highlight one preposition, and demonstrate its importance and usage in every blog entry. It could work! What don't I have that 'Hot For Words' has?

Anyway, this blog was inspired by Megan as a way to begin writing, an effort I've been agonizing over for far too long. Herein lies the benefit of self-indulgence. I am pinning my career hopes *ON* a process that nurtures my own sense of self-importance.

You have to go in to the forest before you can start coming out of it.

I think tomorrow's topic is in there somewhere. Can you spot it?

No comments:

Post a Comment